Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Take at Sketches in Thyme

It's Tuesday Take at Sketches in Thyme! And we've got a another fun sketch to inspire you for this challenge.  I hope you'll take the time to hop on over to the Sketches in Thyme blog to play along with us!

Now I know that a big card day (Valentine's) is just around the corner, but what I really envisioned when I saw this sketch was a birthday card in honor of my middle daughter's milestone 21st birthday. (In fact, in a couple of weeks you'll see yet another card I created for her using the next Tuesday Take challenge sketch).

To create this card, the first thing I did was pull out one of the new Cuttlebug Quilling Kits...this one is their pretty Daisy kit. After I took the photo of the card for this post, I realized that I didn't emboss the leaves to the flower (I ALWAYS emboss my handmade flower leaves...so I can't believe that I forgot this time and frankly I'm not sure how I'm feeling about those plain leaves, but I sure love the flower. Never the less...here's the card, plain leaves and all! :-)



Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: "Stampers Select White", "Sweet Blush", "Aqua Mist" , "Lemon Tart" "Melon Berry"
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye: Fine and Dandy "Tickled Pink" 6 x6 paper pad 
Embellishments: My Mind's Eye: Find and Dandy "Tickled Pink" gems, Dear Lizzy and American Crafts: Ribbon
Other Tools:Provocraft: Cuttlebug Daisy Quilling Kit, Spellbinder's die cut

5 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

That flower is awesome!! Great job again my friend!!

Angi Barrs said...

Such a pretty card Beth. Love the colors. :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a pretty card! I love your flowere (non-embossed and all) and the papers are so cheery together!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

You make such pretty cards. So very clean looking.
Hugs
Tanya

Regan said...

LOVE, Love, love this card! The colors are wonderful and the flower is beautiful! Fabulous work Beth!

Regan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...