Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dreams Come True Cricut Cartridge and Imaginisce

My youngest daughter Cydney has loved the Disney Princesses since I can remember. (There was a time when if asked, she would tell you that is what she wanted to be when she grew up). She's almost 19 years old now, and despite the fact that she now has her eye on a more realistic career goal, she still has a love for all things Disney Princess. It is for this reason that I purchased the Disney: Dreams Come True cartridge a few months ago... and also the reason that many of the characters on the cartridge adorn one of my craft cupboards... thank you Cydney! :-) 

At any rate, this past weekend Cydney asked me to create a card for a friend of hers that is turning 21 and also loves Disney Princesses (birds of a feather...you know ).  Happy to oblige the request, this was also a perfect opportunity for me to combine Imaginisce Enchanted collection with my Cricut and the Disney: Dreams Come True cartridge.

 
To create this card I started with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base (white). I cut the Imaginisce Enchanted Collection patterned paper at 4 x 5 1/4 and (although it's hard to see in the photo) border punched the bottom. I attached the rectangle to the card and added a border die cut (also from the Enchanted collection) across the center of the card.

I cut Belle and all of her layers at 6 inches. This made her large enough to make the really small layers (like her eyes) easier to work with, while also ensuring she could still fit on the card. After piecing her together, I gave her cheeks some color with a cotton ball and pink chalk and attached her to the card front with Pop Dots. I attached the Princess die cut, also from the Imaginisce Enchanted collection, using more Pop Dots to add dimension. Then I stamped a sentiment onto a yellow cardstock scrap, trimmed it and adhered that to the card as well. I also added some Hot Rocks with my I-Rock... because every princess deserves a little bling... we all know that!

It had been awhile since I created a card that featured a main image from one of my Cricut cartridges and well, that got me thinking that I need to give my Cricut some love again real soon. :-)




6 Scrappy Comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Absolutely adorable!
Hugs
Tanya

Jennifer said...

Beth,

What a sweet card!!! :)

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Kristina said...

Super cute!! Love the blush and the bling! Cyd's friend will love it :)

Angi Barrs said...

So adorable. We love Disney! :)

♥Jan♥ said...

Yup, love love Disney. Belle is completely gorgeous !! My grandson thinks he might marry one of the princesses some day, I bet he will.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! How adorable! And how perfect for a Disney Princess loving girl. Too fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...