Friday, July 29, 2011

Master Bed and Beth Remodel: The Latest in the Never Ending Saga...

Some of you may remember the last time I posted about our Master Bed and Bathroom remodel project right here, back on July 13 (way back when I thought we'd have a lot more done than we actually do...which has been SO TYPICAL for this project).... at any rate, we have seen progress (just not nearly as much progress as I would hope). The last time I showed off bathroom it looked like this....


Since then we have finished the drywall (what a NIGHTMARE) and I have painted and the trim is up (although it has not been caulked yet or the paint touched up).


To the right of this area in the bathroom is a short wall that provides some privacy for where the toilet will be installed and where the double shower is located (the doorway you see to the right is where our walk-in closet is located in the bathroom.



We've also finished the walk-in closet, hung up all the closet organizers dealies and yesterday we purchased the hardwood flooring that will be laid in the bathroom and eventually the bedroom as well...


We needed six boxes of the flooring for the bathroom (for a total on hardwood alone of $360.00) and my sweetie came home last night with 8 boxes for only $300.00 because he bought four boxes that were damaged for a DEEPLY discounted price (yay!)....  of course, we still have to buy more of the same flooring for the bedroom (but first things first!) and the insulation stuff we needed to put under the hardwood (to help with noise reduction from the basement family room that is almost directly under our bedroom) was yet another  $100.00, but we are getting there...................................S...L....O.....W.....L....Y. :-) 

I have also been busy painting accessories, shelves and furniture for the space, but I'll save those pictures for later (when I actually take them!).

My bathtub....and the double vanity are STILL sitting in my bedroom... grrrr, but I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, really I do! :-)

1 Scrappy Comments:

Michelle said...

It is looking good Beth!! In due time, it will be done. Just think of the satisfaction. We have done alot of home improvement and doing it as we can afford and doing the work ourselves! There is such a gratification, a great feeling knowing you did it. It makes you so proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...