Wednesday, July 13, 2011

...and the Master Bed and Bath Saga Continues.

Our Master Bed/Bath renovation is one of those projects that most days feels like it will NEVER (never - ever - ever) end. I can't even begin to list the things that have gotten in the way of this project since it began some three years (yes THREE years) ago.  From the whole pay-as-you go kinda budget, to design changes, design errors, and just life in general... it has certainly felt like there was no end in sight... until now.  I can see it... we are FINALLY starting to really get somewhere.  I seriously almost cried when I took this picture (even the installation of the shower unit some six months ago didn't make me feel as excited as seeing this...


The tile work for our swimming pool tub is almost complete...  and it looks like if everything continues to go well the rest of this week, I might be painting before the weekend is through!

As for the master bedroom... the paint is on the walls.... the crown molding and window trim is up too...


the room still needs flooring, paint around the windows and the doors installed to both the bedroom itself and the bathroom... but we can actually sleep in our bed now (as long as you don't mind all the construction stuff and drywall dust).


I am also in the middle of re-doing this dresser to go into the space. It's a big heavy Ethan Allen dresser that my mother found at GoodWill and I am painting white to match the cottage/beachy feel that we are trying to (ever so slowly) create for our Master Bed/Bath retreat. I am also painting an entertainment cabinet of sorts that will temporarily be in the space to hold our television and serve as extra storage until we can find just the right piece to replace it...  There are also wooden shelves to be painted for a kind of king size headboard thingie I am working on...as well as more sanding and some closet planning that I need to get done.... but, it is finally starting to come together... I think :-)

Because Mr. Runs With Scraps has been working extra hours each and every week on his real job and thus has had no real time to devote to this project, we've actually hired a young man who has been working with me to move things forward. Paying for labor is certainly using up some of the budget...but it also has moved the project along. Josiah (the guy we've hired to assist) has also provided some much-needed comic relief for me in the last few days... that alone is worth the money! :-)

1 Scrappy Comments:

ednamburgess said...

Wow, a 3 year project. I'm sure I'd have pulled my hair out before the end. I want everything finished in one day. Know that doesn't happen, but 3 years!!!!! Going to be beautiful and bet the dresser turned out beautifully. Edna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...