Monday, March 14, 2011

The end of the paint can...

If you visited me here at the blog last Tuesday... you'd know that since then I have been painting the inside of my house.. most of the main floor anyhow.  Today... I finally arrived at the bottom of the 5 gallon paint can and finished up with part of a one-gallon can (you don't need much paint when you are painting white over white).  I am officially done painting... painting and more painting, of white, white and more white! Well, done until the drywall sanding in our Master bedroom is complete... and then, I'll have to start all over... but at least THAT room won't be painted white (as much as I love white... I can honestly say I am rather over it being on the walls, in my hair, on my clothes.... even on the bottom of the dogs and cats feet!.,). I painted, the computer room, the kitchen, (including the cupboards) the dining room, the living room, the small bathroom, the hall AND my grandson's bedroom....  and I had help...kinda, sorta...


These are just a few of the MANY furry little culprits that spent the last seven days walking in my paint tray, standing on top of freshly painted cupboard doors as I had them laid out on plastic to paint and brushed up against freshly painted walls....over and over again...


consequently, the kind of help they offered wasn't the kind of help one would hope for as they've been a pain in my paint roller for the better part of the week... and I'm quite certain if you look closely at some of the walls...they have some mighty fine pet hair painted right into them...

I'm thinking I could have saved myself a bundle on paint rollers if I had instead just dunked a cat or two into the paint can and used them to cover the walls... :-)

Now that the walls are painted however,  I'm having a hard time getting myself to hang much back up on them, I think perhaps I just need a bit of time to enjoy the fact that they are fresh and clean... still what I lack in the way of art to look at on the walls I now have elsewhere... so feel free to stop on over and see the nice little white kitty prints I have running across my kitchen floor...now that's unique art if I do say so myself! :-)

5 Scrappy Comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Oh Beth, you should write a book because I could read your stories all day long. Just loved your thoughts on dunking the cat in the paint tray. LOL!

Glenda said...

Oh Beth, I know exactly where you are coming from. It seems we are over run with little feet in our house too. We have hardwood and there is nothing like the constant mopping of muddy paw prints that goes on here on a daily basis. I haven't tried painting with them, but our house abounds with pet hair and I just know there would be Yorkies in the paint tray!

Kristina said...

I think you might be on to something with the pet hair in the paint....a new texture technique maybe? I can't wait to be there....days my friends...days!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on GCD so happy to be working with you! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

LOL on those furry beasties!! I bet they've been the BEST helpers!
Just saw the GCD blog! HUGE congrats, my friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...