Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday Takes at Sketches in Thyme

I've had so much fun as a Card Maven for Sketches in Thyme, it has been a pleasure working for Kim and alongside so many talented designers... but alas all good things must eventually come to an end. My time as a Card Maven is done with this post, but things will still be hopping over at Sketches in Thyme so I hope you'll continue to stop in over there and play along with all the great sketch challenges and fabulous Designers she has lined up to inspire you!

This week's sketch is by Mojo Monday (you just gotta love their sketches!) and like I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I used both this sketch and the last one for the Tuesday Takes challenges to create birthday cards for my daughter  who turned 21 in late January. (I made both of the cards in early January, so I was ahead of the game for a change when it came to having birthday cards ready to go for the special event!)  Yippee!

I chose to keep this card pretty clean and simple...and just highlight that big "21" that my daughter has been dreaming of for the past year! :-)


I cut the number '21' and the shadow using the Blackletter (a free Gypsy download with a December update) and embossed it using the Swiss Dots folder and my Cuttlebug. To make the number stand out even more, I added some gems as well. A quick and simple card for the big day!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you design for this challenge too!  Have fun.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: "Stampers Select White", "Sweet Blush", "Dark Chocolate"
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye: Fine and Dandy "Tickled Pink" 6 x6 paper pad
Embellishments: My Mind's Eye: Find and Dandy "Tickled Pink" gems, Dear Lizzy and American Crafts: Ribbon
Other Tools:Provocraft: Cricut Expression and Blackletter cartridge, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

2 Scrappy Comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love your card Beth. The fun banner paper goes so well with Birthdays! :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is one pretty card! Love the subtle bling addition, and I love the banner paper too.
Hugs
Tanya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...