Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cuttlebug Quilling Kit and Tuesday Take Challenge

Back in December I purchased all three of the new Cuttlebug Quilling kits that are available... and when I saw this week's sketch for the Tuesday Take Challenge at Sketches in Thyme, I knew I wanted to use one of the kits to create a flower for the card I made using this sketch.

For this card I gathered together cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon and stamps from Papertrey Ink. Some Hero Arts pearls, a cuttlebug folder to emboss the white cardstock behind the Cuttlebug Quilling kit flower and ta-da, a card was born.

Oh geez, I almost forgot...that little banner that the sentiment is stamped on is a die from Papertrey Ink as well. Now, what I really want you to see though is this flower and leaves close-up.... take a look...


Such a fun flower...and so dang easy with the Cuttlebug Quilling kit too... you can buy them for yourself right here. This particular flower is from the Chrysanthemum kit.

Now I'd love it if you hurried on over to the Sketches in Thyme blog... you don't want to miss the other Designer reveals for this sketch, really you don't! Then, of course, I want you to get in that craft room of yours and whip up something pretty to join the challenge along with us... because I can't wait to see what you design too!

3 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

This is really cute, I love that flower! I might have to try to recreate that one myself, hopefully I can figure it out without the quilling kit...cuz I don't own it..LOL

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Beth! I love, love that quilled flower. Totally can't even imagine how it was made, as I've not seen those kits. So you've really wowed me here, girlfriend.

Ann Martin said...

Cute card, even cuter flower! I love the colors you chose too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...