Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sketches in Thyme Card Challenge!

This is it! The first ever Sketches in Thyme Card Challenge!  I can't wait until you see all the new Card Maven's reveals for this week... FABULOUS!  Super cool too is that all of us Mavens had the pleasure of working with some awesome Digi Stamps (you don't have to use digi's to play along though!) from Delicious Doodles our sponsor for this month! But, I'm getting ahead of myself here... so before I go further... let me show you the super fun sketch you'll be using for this week's challenge...


This sketch was great fun to work with and I selected the adorable "Poinsettia Corner" digi stamp from Delicious Doodles to make my very first holiday card of the year!

I printed the Delicious Doodles stamp out four different times on my printer and then colored them up with my Copic Markers.  Then I cut them apart (eek) and put them all back together with a Pop Dot here and Pop Dot there (here a dot there a dot everywhere a dot, dot... sorry, I couldn't help myself)...  Here's a closer look so you get what I mean...


See what I mean... lots of layers... a big fat gorgeous Poinsettia from one cute - cute digi stamp!  I added some additional dimension to the project by using Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on the berries and the center of the Poinsettia.

At first I was going to attempt to fussy cut the Poinsettia, leaves and flourish... but then I remembered that my scissor skills are about as technically advanced as my three-year old grandsons... so I decided to just cut it all out enough to let it lift up off the page a bit.  (as it is, you shouldn't look too closely at my cutting work... gak!).

At any rate, I really want you to join us in our challenge over at Sketches in Thyme and you just GOTTA SEE all the other Maven reveals over there... REALLY.... so go forth to the blog!  We can't wait to see what you create with this super cute sketch too... so, I hope you join us!


Other Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Neenah: "Classic Crest Solar White"
Patterned Paper: Memory Box: "Mistletoe 6 x 6 Collection"
Stamps: Hero Arts: "MerryChristmas Trees"
Ink: Tsukineko: Memento "Tuxedo Black", "VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad"
Fibers: Papertrey Ink: Twill Ribbon "Pine Feather"
Other Tools: Plaid: Modge Podge: "Dimensional Magic", "Pop Dots", Ranger: Emossing Powder "Clear", Copic: Copic Markers, Spellbinders: Nestabilities: Large Circles and Scallops, Liquid Gold Pen

7 Scrappy Comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful design Beth. I love what you did with the Poinsettia. Will have to try that soon. :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Beth this is stunning, all the layers really rock my world!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is amazing! Love the layers, and the way the card is put together creates one stunning end result.
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I love this card! Your choice to layer is an amazing one and this will be a stunning addition to any holiday mantle or card garland. Thank you for providing another fresh take on what one can do with digi stamps (I'm still learning so much!)

Kristina said...

It's beautiful Beth! I love that bird background paper, yummo. I think you did a great job on the coloring and cutting!

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a great idea!!! :) I love the 3-dimensional flower! It was worth all the work (in coloring and cutting all those layers)!

Unknown said...

That card is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...