Friday, November 26, 2010

Quick and Easy Birthday Card

It's Black Friday!  Do you know where your checkbook is?  :-)

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner! Now it's really time to get geared up the the holiday season, right?!  I don't do the Black Friday thing any longer (that event was for my younger years)... but if you are out there, snapping up the big bargains... could you maybe pick something up for me too?! :-)

Seriously though, here is the last birthday card I have to share with you for this week.


I used the brand new My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink papers to create this ultra-bright and cheerful card. I also added some stitching with my sewing machine and used up the last of some Prima Flowers I've had in my stash for longer than I can remember.  You gotta love when you finally find the right project for something that has been floating in your stash for months and months.  

Instructions: 
  1. Create 5 1/4 x 4 1/4 card base from white cardstock.
  2. Cut 3 pieces of coordinating patterned paper at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4, 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 and 5 x 3.
  3. Border punch top of the 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 patterned paper.
  4. Adhere all pieces together and sew straight stitch around edges.
  5. Tie ribbon
  6. Adhere flowers
  7. Stamp sentiment, cut out and adhere with Pop Dots.
Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Neenah Classic Crest "Solar White"
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye: 6 x 6 Paper Pad "Tickled Pink"
Ink: Ranger: Archival Ink "Coffee"
Fiber: Papertrey Ink: Twill Ribbon "Berry Sorbet"
Embellishments: Prima Marketing "Flowers"
Other Tools: Sewing Maching, Fiskars Edger Punch

0 Scrappy Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...