Thursday, October 14, 2010

Better Scraps Special Assignment: Plaid and Discount Cardstock

My assignment this week for Better Living Through Scrapbooking was to create a project that featured our sponsors Plaid and Discount Cardstock. It was fabulously fun to create this "Laugh" layout of my youngest grandson featuring so many different products.



To liven up the tag, I sponge painted it with Plaid's Apple Barrel Paints in "Cloudless" and "Light Green Leaf". After the tag dried, I stamped it using Plaid's All Night Media Ornamental Stamps and then Mod Podged the giggle and play tickets onto the tag using Mod Podge "Paper". I painted the chipboard frame with Light Green Leaf Apple Barrel paint as well and after it dried I applied a coat of gloss Mod Podge to give it just a bit of luster.

To create the dragonfly, I die cut it using the Gyspy Wanderings and my Cricut Expression. I cut the shadow and one layer using Discount Cardstock in Patriot Blue Linen. I also cut one layer from patterned paper and assembled the three layers using Plaid's Mini Pop Dots for dimension. I then applied a coat of Mod Podge "Sparkle" to the top of the dragonfly for added bling.



I love how Mod Podge Sparkle adds an even layer of glitter to the embellishment.

To create the title I cut three layers of the word "Laugh" from the Wall Decor and More Cricut Cartridge. For the bottom layer I cut the word in Rich Linen cardstock (PTI), for the middle and top layer I cut the word from Discount Cardstock Patriot Blue Linen. I then painted every other letter of the middle layer with "Cloudless" Apple Barrel paint. For the top layer I applied a coat of Gloss Mod Podge to give the title some added shine and then assembled all of the layers with Mini Pop Dots. I also applied Sparkle Mod Podge to the die cut butterflies and adhered them to the layout using Mini Pop Dots, the perfect size to adhere tiny embellishments to your layouts.

Sponsor Supplies:
Cardstock: Discount Cardstock "Patriot Blue Linen” 80# 12x12,
Stamps: (Tag) Plaid: All Night Media Rubber Stamps “Ornamental”
Adhesives: (Dragon Fly and Title) Plaid: All Night Media “Mini Pop Dots”, ( Dragon Fly, Title, Tag) Plaid: Mod Podge “Sparkle”, “Paper” and “Gloss – Lustre”.
Paint: (Tag, Title Shadow and Chipboard Frame) Plaid Apple Barrel Paint “Cloudless” and “Light Leaf Green”Additional Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink “Fine Linen”
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico "Anthology: Periodical", Bella Blvd “Estate Sale: Nana’s Apron”
Ink: Ranger: Archival Ink “Coffee”
Embellishments: Button Twine: Papertrey Ink White Jute, Crate Paper: Border Restoration Collection, Hero Arts: Pearls, Zva Creative: Crystals, Maya Road: Chipboard Frames, American Tag Company: #5 Shipping Tag
Die Cut Machine: Provocraft: Cricut Expression and Gypsy
Cartridges: (Title) Provocraft: Wall Décor and More, (Dragon Fly) Gypsy Wanderings
Other Tools: Button from stash, Fiskars: Top Crest Border Punch, Martha Stewart: Royal Butterfly Punch, Tim Holtz: Tickets

6 Scrappy Comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Beth! This is such an adorable layout! I love the look on that sweet boy's face and the title is just perfect. You have really showcased these products, too. Love your layered title lettering and the dragonfly. The Mod Podge really adds a nice finishing touch. I need to try that out myself. thanks for the fun inspiration, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the sweet comments you left me tonight. You just mean the world to me! ((hugs))

~jan said...

While I adore and appreciate all the effort involved in the wonderful layout, those photos of your too cute GS steal the show!!

Kristina said...

This is so great Beth! Love love the title and those little tickets are just perfect!! I love the look of Seth's smile!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love it!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful layout, your grandson is darling and I love the sparkly dragonfly and the layout you used.

Persnickety Prints said...

The Diet Pepsi caught my eye, as I am sipping mine:)
Great layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...