Monday, September 13, 2010

BBTB2 Challenge - Crayon Box from Bags, Tags, Boxes and More

'Tis time for another weekly challenge over at the BBTB2 blog and this week Regina Easter (the original creator of Bitten by the Bug) selected the Crayon Box from the Bags, Tags, Boxes and More cartridge.

I used the cut to create a gift box from a piece of 12 x 12 American Crafts white cardstock. I cut the box using the "Fit to Page" selection button on the Cricut in order to make it as large as I could. The image cut at 8 3/4 inches, which is large enough (when folded) to fit a stack of standard A2 cards and envelopes.  In other words it is the perfect box for presentation of a stack of notecards or gift cards... what a cute gift that will be! Granted I haven't made the gift cards to go into this particular box (YET)...but I see that in my future.



Please excuse the strange photo set-up... I finished up crafting in the wee hours of the night, and thus the lighting was less than wonderful, so I put the box up on my shelves with my Cricut carts to photograph where the lighting was just a tad better.

To decorate this box, I used for the first time EVAH, Bazzil cardstock (gasp) (I typically use Papertrey Ink and American Crafts)... but I loved the paper and so I certainly won't be afraid to use it again.  The patterned paper is from Basic Grey. I used my Accent Essentials cart to create the flowers and flourishes and Walk in My Garden to create the leaves of the flower.  The ribbon is from Papertrey Ink, in Terra Cotta Tile. Tim Holtz and his nifty Brackets Alterations helped me doll up the cardstock and why that cute little rhinestone came right from my stash. So that's the supply low-down, now head on over to Bitten by the Bug2 and join us in the Crayon Box challenge!





7 Scrappy Comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your embellishment is great!

Joanna said...

Beth this came out great! I love the flourishes! :)

Jeri said...

Beth, this is just so pretty. Beautiful colors and embellishments.

Kristina said...

You knocked this one outta the park! Beautiful...

You know what the best part about reading your posts is....I know what your voice sounds like and I can TOTALLY hear you while I read...too funny!

Regina Easter said...

oh Beth, this is one fantastic project girl...great job

GiuliaG. said...

This is so colorful.....great job!

A Little Time said...

This is just stunning!! I love the colors and making those folded flowers is my new favorite thing. LOL! I like the way it's photographed, too. The cricut boxes make a great background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...