Thursday, April 8, 2010

Prompt #9 Chipboard and Layout from Sketchbook #6

Last evening I tackled a two-in-one kinda layout.  I had yet to complete Prompt 9 from Shimelle's Something from Almost Nothing class which was to bust out some chipboard and I also wanted to move forward and use layout 6 from my Sketchbook class taught by Kelly Purkey and Studio Calico. 



Although I had chipboard in my stash (from a purchase I made within the past several months)... I had yet to EVER use chipboard on a layout... ever!  I also had some Material Girl patterned paper that matched the chipboard so I pulled that out as well and put together this layout of three photographs I took of my daughter during the first half of her Senior Year (yep, still working on that album!).

I also used my PTI scallop border die and a new Maya Road library card for journaling.  My trusty Cricut came in handy for the title... I used George to cut the letters. I also used Accent Essentials to cut the patterned paper scallop circles. I finished the layout off with a new stick pin from JBS.  Pretty. Shiny. Aww.

2 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

OOHHhhhh...I love it. You did an awesome job. You are so darn good Beth..I can't keep up with you. Not sure where you find the time with those adorable boys running around!!

Have a great day!
~KristinaH

Unknown said...

Thanks Kristina... I am a grandma by day and a paper crafter by night...it's the only way! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...