Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mojo Monday 133 Contest

Over at the Mojo Monday Challenge blog it is contest time again and sketch 133 was so much fun to put together.  My only disappointment is that it is such an overcast day outside, there isn't much natural light to get the best photograph of this card.  I do believe this is one of my favorite cards ever (can I say that about a card I make?).  Speaking of the weather... this past weekend it got up to 80-some degrees here in West Michigan and gave us Michiganders Spring Fever... today it is 36 degrees.  Drat!

Any whoooo...I really wanted to use my new Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores cardstock and I found some patterned paper that matched it perfectly in the Lemonade Basic Grey paper pack.  The ribbon and ink are also PTI's Hawaiian Shores and the sentiment is from one of my new PTI stamps sets.  The pearls are Hero Arts and the stick pen is from JBS.  I just love their new stick pins! I even embossed the envelope flap with my Cuttlebug and I think I'll use that technique again and again... wish I could remember where I stole that idea from!  Oh... I finished the inside of the card by cutting a larger piece of white cardstock in the same shape as the sentiment (using my Nestabilities dies)... I just forgot to photograph the inside!


2 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

Love those colors!! You did great.

Thanks for sharing!
~Kristina

p.s. I hear ya about the weather. We had a beautiful beginning to the week and yesterday woke up to light snow!?! Today it's supposed to be sunny and 64...go figure.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So lovely! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...