Sunday, April 4, 2010

How Much is Too Much & Kite Fishing

Okay the April Challenge #2 for my Something from Almost Nothing scrapbooking class involved creating a layout using a challenge from the How Much is Too Much blog right here.  I chose to participate in the current challenge they have going there "Cloud 9" to use clouds and nine embellishments. I also intend to post this to the Cricutters Anonymous (formerly Just Bugging) challenge blog for consideration in their Design Team Call.  For this particular Cricutters challenge participants were to create an Easter or Spring-themed project, and for me, Spring and kite flying (or fishing as it were) go hand-in-hand!

I've had this photograph of my grandsons flying kites on Easter Sunday... of LAST YEAR (yes, last year) just waiting for me to scrap...and now, whaaaa.... laaaa.... after 365 days... here it is (drum roll please)!

 

I pulled out my Gypsy to help create this layout...see, so had I scrapped this photo last year (when I should have), I wouldn't have been able to do that, because I didn't have a Cricut or a Gypsy back then!  The cartridges I used included Gypsy Wanderings, Wild Card and Gypsy Font. I cut the journal box with the arrow and it's shadow from Gypsy Wanderings after flipping it so the arrow pointed in the right direction.  The paper pieced kites are also from Gypsy Wanderings and the font is from Gypsy Font which I welded together to form the title for the page. I cut the sun two times, once in yellow and once in orange with the Wild Card cart and then glued the two "rays" together.  I popped the center part of the sun up on pop dots for a 3d look.... and now finally, a scrapbook layout that proves there really is such a thing as "Kite Fishing!"

4 Scrappy Comments:

Olive Juice Studio said...

This is so cute! I love the clouds, the sun and the kites you added and the colors are so springy and fun!

Great Job!!!

LUV2SCRAP said...

Cute Cute....love the colors so Springy...is that a word??? ;)

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I love those kites and how you tied everything together! I had no idea this was on the Gypsy, now I want to stage a photo op with kites to do a page like this! ;) Thanks for joining us at CA!

Kandi *CA DT*

Debbi Tehrani said...

Fabulous page! Love the kites and the whole design of your page! Thanks so much for playing with us at HMITM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...