Friday, March 12, 2010

Heavy Metal Layout

As a result of the scrapbooking class, Something from Almost Nothing I'm taking over at Shimelle's I have two layouts to share today.  The prompt for the first class included using metal....and that I did, especially on the first layout.  Ten brads....yep, count 'em TEN were used in this first girly layout I did to start off my youngest daughter's Senior Year of High School album!  I do believe this is the most metal I have ever used in a single layout and that is exciting for me! 



Other supplies I used to complete this layout included: Webster's Pages Deluxe Journaling Card Set (on popped it up on foam tape to add dimension to the page), Prima's Shabby chic Collection "Sweets" patterned paper, Prima flowers, Brads from Basic Grey, pages I tore out of an old book to make the flowers, cardstock and the large scallop die from Papertrey Ink (love that!), glossy accents, ribbon from Ellen Hutson and the Cricut Expression using the Calligraphy cartridge (another cartridge used for the "No Cart Left Behind" challenge!  Life is good.

This second layout was quite simple and I didn't use nearly as much metal in the making - only three pretty sparkly brads.  The patterned paper and brads are from the new American Crafts Dear Lizzy collection. I also used Pure Poppy cardstock and swiss dot ribbon, sentiment stamp and small scallop die all from Papertrey Ink.

0 Scrappy Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...