Thursday, January 7, 2010

Project 365 - Day Seven, Using the Macro Setting on Your Camera

After researching my issues regarding taking great close-up shots (for card making and scrapbook layout challenges), I discovered something new on my camera!  The Macro setting!  I've been taking photographs for a long time, and never fully understood this setting until today! 

Macro photography is close-up photography where the image projected on the "film plane" (film or digital sensor) is close to the same size as the subject you are photographing. Make sure you check your camera manual for the distance requirements, for instance my Olympus SLR E-410 can only get within about 6 inches with my 14-45mm lens. Some cameras will allow you to get a lot closer.  Although I am ordering a (very cheap) kind of Macro lens today off Amazon that should help me to get a bit closer by magnifying my current lens (not a true Macro lens in other words...which cost well over $200.00)... anyhow, for some great information regarding getting close-ups using the Macro setting for your point and shoot compact cameras... read here. 

This morning while I was trying out my Macro setting, I took this photo of some silk flowers (hey, it's winter here...no real flowers in sight!).
Notice the detail present on the petals of the flower!  Now just imagine if this were a real flower and it had a bee atop it busy at work... what a shot that would be for your Project 365 scrapbook!

Anyhow, while I was playing with the macro setting my grandson came into the kitchen and asked, "What doin' Nanie?".... so with the Macro setting still on, I snapped this close up and personal photo of Jack.  Isn't he just one of the cutest little guys on this planet? 

With all this Macro investigating going on this morning, I have a wealth of photographs for Project 365 today and it isn't even 8:00 a.m., yet!  I do want to mention however that my original Project 365 photo was a picture of two of my daughters. The photo shows my daughter Caitlin doing her younger sister's hair for school.  I took the photo to prove to both of them, at some point down the road, that they do actually get along well and often do nice things for each other as well (I think they forget that sometimes)! Never mind the fact that while they were absorbed in this activity...they were also bickering about something or other.  Sheesh!... but, I guess that is what sisters do... at least that is what my daughter's tell me!

Okay... if the good photo mojo is with me today, I just might post some of my card creations in yet another post today! Yip Yip!

Until then remember to create something new every day - even if it is just a smile!

Beth

0 Scrappy Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...