Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Trigger at the Kraft Journal: Fish Outta Water Birthday Cards

This week is our "Tie It Up" challenge at The Kraft Journal and we're looking forward to seeing what you create!  The link to the current challenge is located in the upper right hand of The Kraft Journal sidebar and you can also find it by clicking here.  You'll find some totally fabulous inspiration for the current challenge from our Design Team at that link as well!

This past weekend we celebrated my middle daughter's 22nd birthday and so I finally forced myself into creating some cards... I call these my "fish outta water" birthday cards because that's what I have felt like since I combined my office and craft room into one area of our home. Since the move, I've been unable to locate essentials like my glue gun, die cuts, plates for my Big Shot and in addition to that, the lighting in this new area for photography is horrendous to say the least.  Never the less, I am also a cheapskate and refuse to pay $3.50 each for a birthday card when I have supplies to create them myself (even if I have yet to find them all since the move!) and my daughters balk at the idea of getting anything other than handmade card from mom too! :-)


With that said, I created two quick and easy birthday cards that feature a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 base created from Kraft Outlet's Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock and lined the inside of each card with a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Light Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock which I stamped with a birthday sentiment (inside photograph of cards not shown due to lighting issues).  I tied up one of the cards (shown right) with Twill Tying Tape and used Kraft Outlet's Small Manila Shipping Tags tied up with string to create a focal point for each "Happy Birthday" sentiment. JBS Stick Pins in Pewter adorn the card on the left. Also featured on these cards are October Afternoon's "Sidewalk" patterned paper and Chipboard Stickers.  Pink ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbons, My Minds Eye Fine and Dandy "True Blue Bling", Ranger Archival Ink "Coffee", Papertrey Ink Stamps "Birthday Basics" and "Birthday Inside and Out".
Join us at The Kraft Journal for this week's "Tie it Up" challenge today!

2 Scrappy Comments:

Jen Cuthbertson said...

These cards are so cute and I love the graphic patterned paper you used! Super!

Lynn said...

cute cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...