For this projected I used three fun red, white, blue and gray designs from The Great Outdoors Collection including "Happy Camper", "Picnic Table" and "Bandana" (even the names of the paper say "camping-fun" don't they?!).
I totally love the grid lines and gray hues on of the reverse-side of "Happy Camper" and featured that color by using a scallop circle die cut of that patterned paper behind the image I stamped onto white cardstock. To further play up the gray hues, I then stamped the stars and flag basket topper with black ink and heat-embossed it with silver embossing powder and rubbed gray chalk around the bottom of the basket to ground the image on the circle die cut. A little blue chalk rubbed around the top of the image gives the feeling of a "wide-open" summer-sky. I colored the basket with my Copic Markers in earth-tones and used a light hand on the flag with some pretty Spica Glitter Pens in red and blue.
Instructions to recreate this card:
- Create a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card base from white cardstock.
- Cut piece of red and white patterned paper "Picnic Table", border punch, wrap with Baker’s Twine and tie twine into bow; adhere to card base.
- Cut piece of "Picnic Table" red patterned paper and adhere to card front.
- Cut piece of blue and white patterned paper "Bandana" and adhere to card front.
- Die cut circle from white cardstock stamp image; heat emboss and color.
- Stamp image again on cardstock, color flag, cut out and adhere to colored image with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Die cut scallop circle from "Happy Camper" patterned paper; adhere to back of stamped image circle and adhere to card front with dimensional foam adhesive.
- Die cut banner from white cardstock, stamp with sentiment and adhere to card.
- Adhere Glam Rocks with I-Rock tool.
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios: The Great Outdoors Collection, “Happy Camper”, “Picnic Table”, “Bandana”
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink “Stampers Select White”
Stamps: Papertrey Ink “Vintage Picnic” (image and sentiment)
Ink: Memento “Tuxedo Black”, Stampin’ Up “Real Red”
Fiber: Kraft Outler “Blue Baker’s Twine
Embellishments: Imaginisce: Glam Rocks “Masculine”
Dies: Spellbinders: Standard Circles Large and Scallop Circles Large, Papertrey Ink: “Double Banners”,
Other Tools: Imaginisce: I-Rock tool, EK Success Dotted Lace Border Punch, Pop Dots, Ranger: Embossing Powder "Silver", Copic: Copic Sketch Markers and Spica Glitter Pens and blue and gray chalk from my stash.