Tuesday, June 7, 2011

GCD Studios May Theme: Mother's Day

Mother's Day was last month's theme assignment for the GCD Studios Design Team members and I'm now delighted to finally share one of the first projects I created since my recent selection to this fabulous group!

I created my card using Soft Stone cardstock (by Papertrey Ink) that perfectly compliments the delicate  "Sweetie" glitter patterned paper from the Sweet Surrender Collection by Tina Higgins shown on this card.


The pretty little buttons I used to embellishment the die cut circle are also from the Sweet Surrender collection. I loved how the buttons are threaded onto the cardboard they are packaged with and decided to simply trim around each one to keep the thread intact. This meant there was no need to root around on my craft desk to find my reading glasses to thread my own needle and the cardboard backing was the perfect place to dab on a bit of hot glue to attach them to my card too! Bonus!

To recreate this card:

  1. Create a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch cardbase from Soft Stone cardstock.
  2. Cut piece of "Sweetie" patterned paper 4 x 5 1/4 and adhere to cardbase.
  3. With word processing program print "Happy Mother's Day" using "French Script" font onto Soft Stone cardstock; die cut into circle and adhere to card front.
  4. Die cut border from Soft Stone cardstock and adhere to card front.
  5. Wrap card front with white ribbon and tie into bow;trim ends of bow.
  6. Adhere pre-threaded buttons.

Other supplies used to create this card:
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink: "Soft Snow"
Dies: Spellbinders: "Standard Circles, Large" and "Parisian Accents" border.
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: "Soft Stone"
Other tools: computer, printer, and Big Shot die cut machine

1 Scrappy Comments:

Jessie Lubyk said...

I love how soft, pretty and simple it is. Take Care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...