Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Executive Team Reveal at Papercraft Star!

It's Friday...which means two things over at Papercraft Star.... it's time for one of our Executive Team reveals for this week's sketch challenge (our sketch is by the talented Liz Chidester by the way) AND it's almost the weekend too (whoot-whoot)!

When I first saw Liz's design for this week, I knew I wanted to try creating a card from this adorable scrapbook page sketch. But, I have to admit that for a moment I sat at my craft desk scratching my head about how I wanted to proceed (while I admire round cards.. I myself am not much of a "round" card maker) so after some thought, I opted instead to create a square 5 x 5 inch card and then I picked up my new pad of 6 x 6 patterned paper (Crate Paper Neighborhood Collection) and TA-DA... I was inspired (cease scratching of head)! In fact, I was so inspired, I even finished the inside of this particular card (something I only typically do if I have an intended recipient..which I don't currently have). 



I just have to say that that little cat  (Kristina says it is a dog... but I prefer to think it is a cat - lol) on this card just makes me SMILE... a great way to start my weekend indeed!


...and like I said, I finished the inside of this card as well...



Supplies used to create this card include:
Scalloped circle/circle dies: Spellbinders
Little Nesting Rectangle Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs
Word Window Die from Stampin' Up (for sentiment)
Ric Rac Die from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ranger
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder by ProvoCraft
White Cardstock, Ribbon and Sentiment Stamps from Papertrey Ink
Color Cardstock from Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper Neighborhood Collection (6 x 6)

I hope you find some time this weekend to join us for this fun sketch challenge.  You'll find the link to our current challenge up on the sidebar of our blog!  We can't wait to see what you create... who knows, YOU could be our next Papercraft Star!

5 Scrappy Comments:

Tracy said...

Those papers are so bright and cheery Beth! Really fun card and great job with the sketch too. Hugs!

Kristina said...

Totally adorable card Beth, I just love it!! But, are you sure that's a cat....I think it's a dog ;)

C Stephens said...

Beth, this is a fantastic card whether it is a dog or a cat. It made me smile with that sweet bow and super bright spring colors. Great job!

Regan said...

I love the pop of pink with the blues! What an adorable card Beth! Great work!

Angi Barrs said...

Sweet design. Love those 3 different adorable images. Great take on the sketch. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...