Monday, March 7, 2011

Papercrafts Magazine "Go To Sketch" Reject

In the last day or so, I've happened across a number of posts regarding the (now closed) Papercrafts Magazine Go To Sketch issue with regard to rejected cards. For this particular call, I faithfully printed out all the sketches and had them down on my craft table... I spent a lot of time staring at them and a lot of time looking at last year's Go To Sketch issue too, in an attempt to get a "feel" for what they might be looking for... I even started several different cards. But alas in the end, I ended up only creating one card that I thought was nice, but it didn't blow my socks off in the end, so I'm not surprised it didn't blow their socks off either.

However, on the up side of getting this card rejected... there is a fun Go To Sketch issue REJECT blog hop that is going on right now over at Damask Love, right here. The last I checked Damask Love, there were already 93 entries (this one of mine will make 94)... I know I just took some time to look at most of the cards already entered and let me tell you there are some that are FABULOUS, and those are just the rejects...I can only image that this next Go To Sketch issue is really gonna ROCK the awesome cards...and I can't wait to get my hands on that issue (you know, so that I have something to stare at next year when I try to come up with something to submit AGAIN. :-)


Go To Sketch #6 Reject
 At any rate, even though I was disappointed that I only submitted ONE card (whether it got rejected or not) at least I have something to enter at the Reject Blog Hop! See...there is indeed a silver lining to just about every storm cloud! :-)

I have some other rejects I plan on posting this week too... from the Papercrafts Magazine Stamp It issue call (that is also closed now).  With that said, it just dawns upon me that while I have had the pleasure of being published in several different magazines... I have yet to be published in Papercrafts Magazine (I'm trying not to get a complex about that).. lol...... but hey, I'm gonna keep on TRYIN'... because I know from experience... you for sure won't get published if you never submit anything! :-).

By the way, you have until March 11 to enter your own rejected card over at Damask Love... I'm gonna go enter my own reject now, and will be back again with several more rejects from other calls this week!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: "Stampers Select White"
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye: Fine and Dandy "Tickled Pink" 6 x 6 paper pad
Ink: Ranger: Archival "Coffee"
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Mat Stack 4 Collection (banner tag and mat), Inside & Out Thank You (sentiment)
Dies: Papertrey Ink: Mat Stack 4 Collection, Limitless Labels and Victorian Lace
Pearls: Kaiser Craft "Snow" (colored with E53 Raw Silk Copic Marker)

5 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

Well I think it's very pretty and sophisticated! Good luck being the "Best Reject"!!

xoxo,
K

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is amazing!!!

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love the color combo, and the stamped sentiment tag is gorgeous!! Great job!! ♥♥♥

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, I think it's beautiful! You just never know what they are looking for. :) And good for you for even submitting. I was too lazy to even try.

Laura Evangeline said...

I really can't imagine what they accepted if we're all rejects!? I love your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...