Monday, December 27, 2010

Wishing you Sunshine

You'd think that I would have thought to actually create a New Year card for this week considering that big celebration is just around the corner... ah, but instead all I could think about is how much I want it to be sunny and bright!  Given the fact that it is neither sunny nor bright right now in Michigan (snowy and bright... yes, SUNNY, no), I decided to create this little mini card using the two largest French Flair dies and believe it or not, the Poinsettia 2 die as well.  I just love that die and wondered if by simply changing the colors used if I could make a more spring-like flower rather than the traditional Christmas flower that it is. I so enjoy when it is possible to use seasonal products for times other than the actual season the product was intended, if you know what I mean.

 
To create this quick and easy card. I used the largest XL Stackers French Flair die and cut it out from some rustic white cardstock. I then used the next smaller die to cut my patterned paper and adhered them together and scored it in half to create the mini card. Next I cut the Poinsettia 2 die out from green, yellow and rustic white to create my "Spring" flower. I added some gems for a bit of bling and attached the sentiment on a piece of scrap cardstock. I love that Cheery Lynn Designs dies make it possible to create a quick and easy card that is so pretty too!

4 Scrappy Comments:

Unknown said...

Your sunshine card is fabulous, love the poinsetta die!!

Kristina said...

Love the shape of this card! You did a great job :)
xoxo

Court said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Beth! I love it!

Celeste B. said...

What an adorable card; I really like the shape! TFS! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...