One of the things that I am thankful for at this time of year (and all year long for that matter), is the birth of my amazing, beautiful and charming first-born daughter, Erin Louise. She turned 28 years old recently and so naturally, I had to create some birthday cards to honor her birth. I'll be sharing the cards I made for her during the rest of this holiday week. (Pre-scheduling this week's posts with cards I made previously is how I make it APPEAR that I am still hard at work creating pretty paper projects to share on my blog, when in reality I am actually sitting on my butt eating turkey and other fine tasty treats, while Blogger is doing the work for me after the fact!) Ah, technology is grand.
This is yet another card of mine that was inspired by Ashley Newell, if she had any idea at all how much I stalk her blog, she'd probably be getting a Restraining Order against me... so we'll just keep this information on the down-low. :-) At any rate, I loved how Ashley combined the various ribbon and textures at the bottom of her card and wanted to re-create that feminine look on my own card. My oldest daughter is a real girly-girl and this card reflects that quite well if I do say so myself.
- Cut base of card from cream cardstock at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
- Ink edges of card base with silver marker (I have no idea why it doesn't show up in the photos..but trust me, it's there).
- Cut patterned paper at 4 x 4 1/2 adhere to card base.
- Die cut eyelet strip from pink cardstock 4 1/2 inches long and adhere to card front.
- Tie ribbons and cording around card base as shown.
- Die cut label and stamp frame with pink ink.
- Stamp sentiment on label and adhere to card front with Pop Dots.
- Adhere flower and pearls.
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: "Vintage Cream", and "Sweet Blush"
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye: Fine and Dandy 6 x 6 "Tickled Pink"
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: "Mixed Messages", "Delightful Dahlia" and "Vintage Labels"
Ink: VersaMark: "Pixie Dust", Ranger: Archival Ink "Coffee"
Fiber: Papertrey Ink: Twill Ribbon "Sweet Blush", American Crafts: Premium Ribbon "Greeting", Wrights" 1/8 " cording "White"
Embellishments: KaiserCraft: "Pearls", Prima Marketing: "Love Letter Roses",
Other Tools: Spellbinders: Nestabilities "Labels One", Papertrey Ink: Die Cut "Eyelet", Plaid: All Night Long "Pop Dots", Marvy: DecoColor Paint Marker "Silver"