Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Practical Scrappers Stamping Challenge

For all intent and purposes, this will be my last Design Team project for Practical Scrappers.  I've enjoyed two terms working with a fabulous group of Designers there, but big changes are in the air.  For both myself and Practical Scrappers it is time to move forward. Beginning in October, they will change over to a free magazine-style format that for them will be a fresh approach to the blog. More information is available at the blog right here. For myself, I will be spending more time focusing on the challenge blog Papercraft Star, as well as making time to seek publication of more of my cards and layouts.

So... for the last time as a member of the Practical Scrappers Design Team, I created this card for the stamping challenge. I hope you'll join us for this last challenge before the format changes in October!




I've had this Cornish Heritage Farms, Domestic Love stamp set for quite some time and although I used a number of the stamps in that collection, I had yet to use the old-time vacuum along with the sentiment.   Wanting a more dimensional look for the vacuum, I stamped it twice and cut out parts of it to layer with pop dots for the subtle 3-D effect. I also stamped the polka-dot background onto Kraft cardstock to create my patterned paper for this card. All of the products that I did not already mention are Papertrey Ink except for the Webster's Pages sparkler that adorns the bow.  Although the sentiment reads, "There are times when love sucks" on the inside of the card I wrote, "...this is not one of them." Then I popped it into my honey's lunchbox for him to find at work. 

I wish the best of luck to all the Designers who are leaving Practical Scrappers along with me and I encourage everyone to get in on the new happenings at Practical Scrappers beginning in October!

7 Scrappy Comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love that sentiment Beth. Your card is Awesome.

Kristina said...

This turned out really great Beth!! Lovin it :)

Celeste B. said...

I love it, and the phrase is HILARIOUS!!!

helloholley said...

LOL, Love that sentiment and your card is gorgeous!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some love ;)
Happy weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Hilarious sentiment!! Love your card and the stamped background!

Sassy Scrapper said...

LoL Wicked cute! And I couldn't agree more!!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Beth! This card is fabulous! I just love that sentiment and the vacuum stamp. So funny and sweet at the same time. Loving your stamped polka dots, too, and that ribbon with the Webster's Sparkler is fantastic. Wishing you all the best as you move forward onto other things.
Oh, and you cracked me up with the hairy legs comment on my blog. Crissy says thank you for making her feel better. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...