Monday, June 21, 2010

Bitten By the Bug 2 Challenge - Rainbow Cut

This week over at Bitten by the Bug 2, we are challenging you to use the rainbow cut from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge.  You can find the image on page 55 of the booklet and it is the 4th row down, second image over on the keyboard overlay.

I decided to try my hand at what I will simply call a modified gate-fold card.  In other words, I cut the "gate" and taped the bottom 1/3 of the card shut and embellished it instead of leaving the whole card-front open. I'm not sure why I decided to try the gate-fold this way, it just seemed like the thing to do at the time.  It's not the kind of card I would typically make, even so, I didn't really mind the finished product...until I went to take a photograph and realized that it would not stand up on it's own... where's one of those flower frogs when you need them? :-)

At any rate, all and all, this card is one that I would not typically make, even if it wasn't gate-fold as I don't typically select images like this to do my projects.  However, this is kinda what BBTB2 is all about you know, challenging us to use our Cricut... so, mission accomplished. I used it! :-) Not that I need incentive to do so though! LOL... Do you?



Supplies Used:

Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Lemon Tart, Stampers Select (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Raspberry Fizz Mix (Papertrey Ink), Delovely mini deck (Cosmos Cricut)
Fibers: Raspberry Fiz Luxe Satin and Hawaiian Shores Grosgrain (Papertrey Ink)
Cricut Cart: Once Upon a Princess (Provocraft)
Stamps: Happy Day set (Hero Arts)
Ink: Coffee Archival Ink
Embellishments: Brad (Basic Grey), Gems (Hero Arts)
Other Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities

11 Scrappy Comments:

Carole Beath said...

Beth, what a cute card. I love the colors...and I love making gate cards This one is perefect.

Jeri said...

Sweet card, Beth. I laughed out loud over your problem with your card standing up to take the photo. I encountered the exact same problem with my joy fold card. Love your design and that tag hanging from the ribbon is a great finishing touch.

Joanna said...

You did a great job on this card, it came out so cute! I'm glad I was the one to get you to use something you usually dont! LOl..that's so funny because I love these sort of images..I guess we all have different preferences ;)

~JulieH~ said...

Beth I love your card desin and the different patterned papers are so gorgeous together. Fabulous card!
Juliexx

Danielle said...

I love this bright and cheery card!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

How cute this is! what a fun design you did with the gate-fold card....even with the trouble standing up. ;)
I'm probably one of the few scrappers left in the world that doesn't own any kind of die-cutting system. Crazy, huh? ;)

**Treefrog** said...

Beth this is such a cheery card! Great colors and papers and love the altered gatefold card you did, what a great idea. Very pretty!
((Hugs)) Theresa

GiuliaG. said...

Beth, what a great card...it is so bright and cheery.....would make anybody's day!!!!

A Little Time said...

oooooooo.....I love the gate fold. This is just so cute and cheerful.

Barb Craft said...

Super cute card!! I love the colors you picked for your rainbow!! Very girly!!
Barb :)

Creative Momma said...

Beth, I love this card...the gate fold looks great and the colors are beautiful :)
for not being what you would normally choose, this turned out awesome :)
Hugs
marina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...