Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Tools I Use...

Over the past several weeks I received a number of questions regarding the tools I use for papercrafting so I've put together a list of my favorite products and included links to shops where you can find these same beloved tools.  For the record, I am not being paid to promote any of these products (although if those companies would like to contact me to arrange something for the future...feel free to do so.. I'm quite fond of money - it supplies my scrapping habit after all!), these are simply the products I use and love, so I want to share them with you... I've also provided links to some of my favorite places to shop where you too can buy them if you are so inclined!

Fiskars - 12 Inch Premium Cut-Line Portable Trimmer



Until I recently found this bad boy, I was on a quest for the perfect trimmer for years.  In fact I purchased so many different kinds of trimmers and replacement blades prior to finding this one I could outfit an entire army of paper cutting people with my castoffs.  I won't go into all the reasons I love this particular trimmer (nor will I bad mouth any of my castoffs as they all had some good points and some bad)... let's just say that this trimmer always cuts straight for me, I can clearly see where I want to make my cuts and the wider 6 inch base is helpful for cardmaking.  For less than 21 bucks you can buy one right here (as soon as they are back in stock!) 




I've owned these scissors long enough now that I can't even remember exactly who recommended them.  All I know is that I use them to cut everything and they are by far my favorite scissors of all time.  You can buy them right here for under 13 dollars!  While we are on the subject of Tim Holtz's Tools here is another that I can't live without...

Tim Holtz Paper Distresser


If you like to distress paper, then this is the tool for you.  When I bought this distresser I questioned why, I mean I had another distresser that was working okay for me... but I heard this one was great and I heart Tim Holtz so I bought this one and after using it a few times, threw the other one away... nuff said.  You can buy it for just over 5 bucks right here.

Ink Blending Tool from Ranger



I own three of these (so I can use different colored inks without changing the foam pads out) and use them on almost every project. I use it to both blend ink and ink the edges of my projects.  You can get one (and it's foam refills) right here for less than 5 dollars.   


Neenah White Cardstock



If you use Copic Markers this is the white cardstock for you.  It's recommended by Copic Markers users far and wide and I can attest to the greatest of this particular heavyweight cardstock for not only that but for all your white cardstock needs.  I buy it by the ream right here. Speaking of paper, I buy all my color and kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink and I buy the bulk of my patterned paper right here and right here.

3M ATG Applicator


I know you've heard all the hype about ATG guns, so I won't go into too much here except that while it is big and bulky, it makes up for it by being the best glue applicator around.  I bought mine right here. I also buy my refills from them as well right here. 

Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch

Of all the paper punches in the world, my favorite is the Upper Crest Border Punch.  That said however, Fiskars brand border punches in general are my favorite.  They chomp through the 80 lb cardstock I use for perfect borders every time, where other punches just can't cut it (no pun intended...lol).



Speaking of chomping through paper, I use this corner chomper all the time.  It cuts both 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch corners perfectly.  You can buy one right here.

Provocraft Cricut Expression

Now I know I started this post off by saying that I don't get paid to promote any of the products I've listed here.  This one is the exception.  I do get paid to go out and demonstrate Provocraft products, however I started using this machine first and fell in love with it, thus I wanted to be involved in promoting it... I did not first promote it and then use it because I was getting paid to do so, the machine and all the 40 plus cartridges I now own were purchased by me and not given to me by Provocraft!  You can buy a Cricut Expression right here.  Or go to your local Michael's store and buy one there.  At any rate, I do believe I own the best die cutting machine on the market and well, you should too! :-)

Alright then, I think I've pretty much covered it regarding my favorite tools and certainly this is enough enabling for any one person in any one day!

I'd love to hear about your favorite tools as well, so feel free to comment here about yours!

2 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

Love the tools you love....
After yesterday, I can't shop anymore for a bit....I kinda got caught up in the excitment of it all and won a few more auctions than I anticipated..LOL

Thanks for sharing the links, I'll save them for when I'm allowed to shop again!!
~KristinaH

Cristina said...

I actually use the generic atg tape. and i found that it works just as good for less than 2 dollars a roll

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...