Monday, April 19, 2010

Bitten by the Bug2 - From My Kitchen Cricut Cut Challenge

If you have hopped over here from Bitten by the Bug2  welcome and thank you for stopping to take a closer look at my first project as a member of the design team for BBTB2.   The cut for this week was selected by DeeDee, one of our talented Designers and it is from the From My Kitchen cartridge. It is the card with flowers (tabs and shift key selected) on page 59 of the manual (tabs,shift, 4th row down, second cut over).  If you need some inspiration we've got that at BBTB2 as well, be sure to visit and take a gander at all inspiration the designers come up with for this week's challenge. Then if you haven't played along with us yet, dust off that Bug of yours and get started!

For this project I pulled out my Gypsy to add a little something extra to the cut in order to use it for a Spring layout.  I sized the card large enough to accomodate a 4 x 6 photo. From the Plantin Schoolbook cart I welded the word "Spring" using real dial size and also welded a scallop edge on the bottom.  The pretty butterflies were cut from patterned paper at 2 1/2 inches from Gypsy Wanderings. I then sized the butterfly just a touch larger to also create a shadow for each one out of cardstock. The tag is from Sweet Treats and I rounded the edges with my Corner Chomper (I wasn't keen on the square coners of the cut).  I embossed the tag with my Cuttlebug and then attached a quote from Mark Twain about Spring Fever on white cardstock.



Layout Supplies:

Cricut Carts:  From My Kitchen, Plantin Schoolbook, Gypsy Wanderings, Sweet Treats
Dear Lizzy & American Crafts products: Patterned paper, fabric covered brad, pink pearl brad and chipboard die cuts and ribbon.
Hero Arts products: pearls
Other Fibers: Ellen Hutson
Misc. Tools: Sewing machine, white thread, pop dots, ATG gun, Martha Steward Royal Butterfly Punch.

10 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

I love it! I don't have that cart, even though I have been eyeballing it for a long time. Great job Beth!!

~KristinaH

Anonymous said...

That is just so pretty, Beth! Great job with the Gypsy! Love the soft colors!

Jeannie Phillips said...

Oh I can't scrapbook at all..just not good at it...and you do such a beautifu job...I love this..amazing!
hugs
Jeannie

Jeri said...

Gorgeous layout, Beth. Love how you used the cut to frame your beautiful picture.

Joanna said...

Beth I love this layout! I really like how you welded the frame with the letters and the scallop. And the butterflies are so cute, I forgot those were on GW..great job! A++! :)

Tracy said...

Hey Beth! I have really been enjoying reading your blog posts since Kristina introduced me to you. I LOVE people with a great sense of humor. You've made some beautiful projects and this one just flat out makes me jealous. :) I DO NOT put my Cricut to good use like I should or maybe I could make something this beautiful. Love the colors, the welded frame. . . just EVERYTHING! TFS!

Creative Momma said...

OMG this is sooo beautiful...I love all the wonderful details and creativity in welding...
hugs
Marina

Carole Beath said...

Beth, this is just wonderful. Welcome to our team, and I am so glad you are designing with us. I love all of the paper choices and the design on your very first BBTB2 design team card. Hugs.
Carole

A Little Time said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the colors and the butterflies. I love that you used this in a layout.

~JulieH~ said...

Beth this is such a beautiful layout! Such a creative way of using the card cut. I love it
Hugs
Juliexx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...