Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mojo Monday Birthday Card

I just loved the sketch challenge 130 over at Mojo Monday and used it as the inspiration for the birthday card I made for my man.  He'll be 35 tomorrow... still 14 years behind ME... but I'm hoping that at some point he'll get old enough that our age difference won't sound QUITE so BIG!  (Bah haha)...

Okay on to the card I created... I had fun putting this card together because I used a lot of new stuff that I hadn't broken into for any projects yet, like the Cosmo Cricket patterned paper and ribbon from "The Boyfriend", an October Afternoon "Wild Card", my new Fiskars crest punch and a metal sign from Daily Dose.  Other supplies included card stock, stamps and ink from Papertrey Ink, Basic Grey brads, a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Journaling Ticket and grommets from my stash... I had a heck of time using my Crop-o-Dile to put the grommets on the patterned paper. I have a feeling I am doing something wrong, but can't figure out exactly what it is that I am doing that is preventing me from attaching those little suckers with ease and precision.  Arghhhh.


2 Scrappy Comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Good to see a male card with the sketch, love what you've done, all of it!

~BridgetL~ said...

Great card. You are almost done with no cart left behind, way to go :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...