Friday, February 26, 2010

Practical Scrappers Stamp Challenge

This week over at Practical Scrappers the challenge is to use stamps... and that I did. I formed a "book-binding" for this card in order to set four eyelets that I used to tie the bows.  I scored the 11 x 4 1/4 inch cardstock at 6 1/4,  5 1/2 and 4 3/4.  I folded the card in half at the 5 1/2 score mark and then glued the card together between the outside score lines.  I then set 4 silver eyelets using my Crop-o-dile and tied the ribbon into bows through each of the four eyelets. 


I stamped the cardstock and frame (made using my Cricut and the Mother's Day cart) with Hero Arts Flourish Background using Big & Bossy clear embossing ink and embossed with Ranger's clear embossing powder.  Dark Chocolate Ribbon, and ink used to distress the edges and for the sentiment are from Papertrey Ink.  Soft Stone Cardstock and Sentiment are also PTI.  The humming bird is from Hero Arts Antique Engravings and I stamped it using Dark Chocolate Ink.  I embossed the the bird with clear embossing powder and adhered to the frame using glossy accents as "glue". 

3 Scrappy Comments:

Kristina said...

LOVE those bows!!! I may have to borrow that idea ;)

Thanks for sharing!
~KristinaH

Crystal said...

I love the colors! I love the bows! Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!

Brenda said...

ohhh this is sooo beautiful!!!
hugs
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...