Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Improve Your Scrapbook Layouts with Tutorials from Photoshop Girl

I'm always looking for ways to improve my photographs.  I love the special effects that you can achieve with Photoshop CS and Photoshop Elements as well.  Unfortunately, I'm no expert and while I've had the Photoshop CS program for quite some time I haven't begun to learn all the ins and outs.  Consequently, I'm also always looking for either tutorials or actions that will help me achieve the exact photographic effect I am hoping for when I edit my photos. 

Granted, lots of times, a photo simply needs an easy color adjustment and maybe a little cropping to make it great for your scrapbook layout...but for those times when you need a little something extra... Photoshop Girl has some fabulous, easy to follow tutorials that can really help! 

I just recently found her blog and tried her LOMO/Cross-processed Photo Effect.  You can see her excellent tutorial right here. My oldest daughter was born at 97th General Hospital in Frankfurt, Germany and I had one (27 year old) photograph of the hospital as it looked back then. Very boring photograph to say the least.


However with the help of Photoshop Girl's excellent tutorial, the photograph of 97th General Hospital in Frankfurt Germany went from plain...old...and oh, so boring.... to fabulous and certainly worthy of a layout for my daughter's childhood scrapbook album.  I can't wait to use some of her other techniques to improve more photographs for my layouts!

2 Scrappy Comments:

~BridgetL~ said...

thanks for the link. I like what you did to the hospital pic :)

Brenda said...

thanks for sharing this link I really need all the help I can get!!
Thanks!!!
hugs
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...