Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mojo Monday Week 123 and Cricut Cardz Challenge

This week I combined two challenges into one card using Mojo Monday Week 123 Sketch (the round one) and the Cricut Cardz Challenge #10 that challenged participants to create a Valentine's Card using only the colors, white, black, lavender and green.

At first I found the color challenge difficult, I just didn't feel those particular colors blended well...until I remembered my DCWV Latte Cardstock pack (12 x12 sheets). Then, everything came together color-wise. I also used one 2 inch piece of lavender from a Recollections paper pack (Butterfly Wings).

The base of the card I cut from the black cardstock out of the DCWV Latte pack. Using the Wild Card cartridge (via my Gypsy), I selected the Blackout feature and cut the Doily base and sized it to 10.58 x 5.53. I then scored and folded the card in half. Next I cut three circles from the George cart using the Gypsy in white, green and lavender.  I sized the circles to 4.68 x 4.37.  I ran the green and lavender circles through the Cuttlebug using the swirls embossing folder. I cut the lavender circle down to 2 inches (as seen on the card) and cut a section from the white circle as well.  With a Martha Stewart edge punch I created the scalloped lace on the white piece.  I used Gypsy font to create the word "love" fusing each letter together before I cut it out in black cardstock.  I used my Cricut marker (black) in the Cricut to write "My" with Gypsy font on the 1 3/4 inch circle that I cut from green cardstock and backed it with three more 2 inch scallops cut with my EK Success scallop circle cutter in lavender, black and the lighter lavendar from Recollections.  I tied it up with lavender ribbon I purchased at Wal-mart and added three medium pearls from Papertrey Ink.

1 Scrappy Comments:

Jeri said...

Oh, I loved that circle card challenge at Mojo this week and joined in also. I love your take on the sketch using our color challenge this week. I found those colors to be a real challenge also. When Mary told us those colors I just gasped. It's nice to go outside your comfort zone occasionally. Thanks so much for playing at CCC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...