Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 122

I was anxious to get to work on Mojo Monday's Sketch Challenge 122. Even better, for the first time I also decided to incorporate Challenge #16 at Just Us Girl's (JUGS), which is a color challenge using burgundy, vanilla, blush and gray.

To craft the card I used gray and pink cardstocks from AC and Papertrey Ink. My patterned paper is from the paper pack, Totally Girl by My Mind's Eye. I embossed the burgundy paper with my Cuttlebug and also used some white ink to jazz it up a bit. The flower wheels were cut using Gypsy Wanderings I layered them to make them nice and thick and then added some Hero Arts bling.  The sentiment was cut using the Wild Card Cartridge.  (I have yet to get the color just right when I attempt to photograph my cards, even when I edit with Photoshop...but I'm working on it!)

My daughter worked on a card for the Taylored Expressions challenge #98 while I worked on this card... I love when we work together on papercrafts!

3 Scrappy Comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Beth this is a fun and colorful card! I love your Gypsy cutouts! The pearls are a lovely accent. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls - we hope you are enjoying the challenges. Look for a brand new challenge this Saturday!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun & funky card! The swirly embossing looks awesome & the pearl centers of your flower frames! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge - hope to see you Saturday!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is so pretty! Love the cutouts and the patterned paper :)

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...